This “Global FinTech Innovation and Industry Best Practices Program for Macau” aims to explore the following 4 key questions with the participants, prepare and empower participants to take on the FinTech wave and seize the opportunities in the Greater Bay, South East Asia and key markets globally.
- What does the latest development of FinTech worldwide mean to financial services incumbents, start-ups, investors, regulators, governments, universities and students in the Greater Bay Area especially Macau?
- How to get the most out of this inevitable revolution to the financial services industry, especially in the Greater Bay Area and the SE Asia markets?
- How to innovate new business models for financial services with emerging technologies such as, AI, Big Data, Blockchain, Cryptography, API, IoT and AR/VR?
- What is the implication of the latest development of FinTech worldwide to Macau’s “Specialised Financial Services” strategy?
Dr. Toa Charm is the chief architect of this program. He has over 30 years of experience in leading financial services incumbents, technology giants and innovative start-ups. When he was the Public Mission Officer of Cyberport Hong Kong, he nurtured more than 300 FinTech start-ups, including TNG, WeLab, QFPay, Zhongan, Bowtie, OneDegree, Covergo, etc. Dr. Charm has teamed up with a group of experienced and passionate leaders from vibrant Fintech start-ups and global leading financial enterprises to design and create this program. All the trainers have in-depth industry experience from the world’s leading fintech hubs, including Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Global FinTech Innovation and Industry Best Practices Program is designed to empower participants with practical fintech knowledge, including the latest business models, technologies, innovative mindset and culture, to take up the FinTech wave and seize the opportunities in the world.
The course will explore the following key topics with the participants:
- Core FinTech Concepts and Technologies
- Innovative Business Models of FinTech Unicorns
- FinTech Strategies of Financial Services Incumbents
- Values of Fintech Ecosystem to Financial Institutions and FinTech Start-ups
- FinTech Intrapreneurship and Corporate Innovation Management
- Future Trend and Development of Fintech
- Management and executives in financial services companies
- Management and executives in innovation and technology companies
- Management and executives in FinTech and Tech start-ups
- Government officials, regulators and policy makers
- Academia, researchers and university students
Remarks: No pre-requisite is required
DR. TOA CHARM 湛家揚博士
- Associate Professor, CUHK Business School
- Chairman of Dr. Charm & Co. and OpenCertHub
- Former Chief Public Mission Officer, Cyberport Hong Kong
- Former Executive: HSBC, IBM, Oracle and Jardine Pacific
- Chief Judge, 2020 & 2019 HK ICT Awards – FinTech
- FinTech Advisory Panel, Hong Kong Institute of Bankers
MR. MICHAEL LEUNG 梁建文先生
- Group CEO, BOA Financial Group
- The Medal of HonourHong Kong SAR Government
- Former CIO and COO, China CITIC Bank International
- Former Deputy Chief Executive, China Construction Bank (Asia)
- Doctor of Business Administration (candidate, CityU)
DR. DUNCAN WONG 王世松博士
DR. WING CHEUNG 張嶸博士
MR. ALVIN KWOCK 郭彥麟先生
MR. KEN LO 盧廷匡先生
DR. DAVID MA 馬志偉博士
- Co-founder and Chief Risk Officer, RTL Limited
- Co-Founder & Advisor of Elite FinTech Startups in China
- Former Head of Data Science, AIG, AIA, Citi Group and Bank of America
- PHD, Yale University, USA
MR. JACOB WAI 韋達人先生
- Founder & Managing Director, Toppix Holdings
- Former CDO and CRO, MoneySQ
- Former Executives of China CITIC Bank International, UBS AG and HSBC
- Doctor of BA (candidate, University of Wales Trinity Saint David)
August 22,29; September 5, 12 & October 3, 2020
The program contains 10 half-day modules and is conducted in 5 days:
|Day One||Module 1:
Global FinTech Trends & Ecosystem
Payment & Remittance
|Day Two||Module 3:
WealthTech and Robo-Advisory
Lending & Alternate Financing
|Day Three||Module 5:
Virtual Banking and Open Banking
AI, Machine Learning & Big Data
|Day Four||Module 7:
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
|Day Five||Module 9:
RegTech, Compliance, Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
FinTech Intrapreneurship and Corporate Innovation
Macau Institute of Financial Services
The class will be delivered in Cantonese and Putonghua.
The training materials are primarily in English.
Certification will be issued by Macau Institute of Financial Services to those participants who have successfully met all the following criteria.
- Completed no less than 8 modules of the program
- Obtained a Grade C or above on the assessment test of each participated module
- Completed the final project of the program and obtained a Grade C or above
The program fee is 15,000 MOP per student.
Remarks: Only exceptional case will be granted for participants to attend individual module(s); the program fee for individual module is 2,500 MOP per student .
Macau Institute of Financial Services
(853) 2856 8280