I had a team of experienced banking leaders in my panel. Together they are a great representation of not just HSBC but also the incumbent banks. Really thank and appreciate their contributions and sharings:
1. Christina Ong, Head of Business Banking, Hong Kong, HSBC
2. Yvonne Yiu, Managing Director, Head of Global Liquidity & Cash Management, Hong Kong, HSBC
3. Dharini Kannan Hemant, Head of PayMe, HSBC
4. Sami Abouzahr, Head of Customer Wealth, Hong Kong, HSBC
We had a full house today. If you have missed it, here are my key takeaways.
1. Align external and internal stakeholders of the ecosystem, such as #FinTech #startups, #regulators, internal colleagues like #compliance and #procurement, to focus on customers. Do we know their pain points? Can we solve them effectively and fast enough? Can we collaborate with the ecosystem to achieve these?
2. Culture and practice do impact the effectiveness of the ecosystem collaboration. #Payme was a very important milestone for HSBC not just business but also internal buy-in on how innovation and agile worked. The passion of the Payme team really made a difference to influence the culture of the bank.
3. How we can go beyond banking and empower our customers from their end to end journey and help them see the mutual benefits are very important.
Elephant can dance and change. We can see major banks like HSBC are very determined to make changes to transform themselves into an innovative and digital bank instead of being perceived as a traditional bank. The end game is still who can effectively identify and solve their customers’ pain points fast enough. Value co-creation with the ecosystem is the only way.
By the way, how do you like my fresh digital look or #DLook? Stay Young! Stay Innovative!