#DigitalTransformation is a must for almost every large or small company these days. Most of the failure cases of digital transformation is on the soft side of the journey. The soft side includes #leadership, #culture, #talent and most importantly #ChangeManagement.
I am so grateful to partner with one of the most experienced enterprise transformation leaders in #DigitalEra in Hong Kong, Teddy Liu, to co-create, co-design and co-deliver a course on the soft side of the Digital Transformation. We called the course “Leadership & Workforce Transformation in the Digital Era”. Really appreciate Teddy’s contribution. This course is a part of #CUHK #APIB #DigitalLeadershipSeries designed by a number of #digital experts and myself.
We also invited two top leaders, Stephen Leung #Pfizer and Joe Wan #Tricor in Hong Kong to share their experience in their digital leadership. Special thanks to Stephen and Joe, and look forward to learning from them.
We highly recommend corporate leaders, #HR practitioners, digital transformation professionals, innovation leaders and change agents to join the course. The upcoming class will be on Oct 12 and 13. Be HURRY to enroll if you are interested. More information and enrollment link can be found here.
See you there!
Great insights from my discussion today with Austin R. Bryan, #CLP and Fred Ngan #Bowtie in the #HKGCC forum on “Thriving in a Post-Covid Era Thru Innovation”. Thanks Victor Lam, Chairman of the Industry & Technology Committee of HKGCC, to host us & moderate the panel discussion. Austin & Fred were on Zoom and Victor & I were in HKGCC.
My key takeaways are:
1. Living with #Ambiguity becomes a new normal. We need to keep innovating in an uncomfortable environment.
2. Sense of #Urgency & lean startup thinking are crucial for innovation but most corporates do not have that.
3. Forget about innovation if we don’t have a clear #StrategicIntent. It could be for customer experience, market share or others.
4. #Culture & #Purpose are the keys to drive innovation instead of revenue & profit.
5. >90% of #Startups fail so always making #Survival as a sense of urgency & doing different things from existing players are very important. Same for #Intrapreneurship.
6. #Diversity of teammates with no domain experience is critical as it will bring out blind spots that are unseen by industry experts.
Thanks HKGCC Simon Ngan & teammates to organize the forum. Find out more about the “HKGCC Hong Kong Awards for Industries: #Innovation & #Creativity” here.