Glad to meet many friends, #entrepreneurs, #investors and #incubatees #face2face #f2f in #HKSTP #LEAP gathering in their #InnoCentre in Kowloon Tong.
LEAP stands for the Leading Enterprises Acceleration Programme. It is a flagship growth-stage business acceleration programme from #HKSTP. It empowers elite #startups for their global expansion. Harris SUN, the CEO of #Raspect is a member of LEAP and has been growing well into key markets in Asia and the world.
Really appreciate the leaders from #HKSTP Peter Mok Kiki Y. Wang, CFA, MBA Anvil Ng and many more for their contributions and effort to cultivate elite startups for Hong Kong to become global leaders. Keep it going. 加油!
300+ participants of HKICTAwards 2020 joined a briefing session organized by OGCIO & HKPC. Competition judges & award winners have shared their experience. Thanks Sunny Lee Kingsley Wong Agnes Mak & Dr. Chris Leung.
Almost 50% participants are their first time joining HKICT Awards. The speakers’ sharings were very useful to them. I am the Chief Judge of the FinTech Award & have experience in hundreds of worldwide competitions. Let me share some thoughts here.
My key messages are:
1. Mindset: The participants are all winners already as this process will facilitate them to learn from the judges, participants, etc.
2. Critical Thinking: Get someone outside your comfort zone to challenge you. If you’re a corp, get startups & investors to critically review yours & vice versa.
3. Hockey Stick: BusinessModel solving a big pain point with scalability & explosiveness as a hockey stick
4. Team Mix: Do u have a good mix of domain, biz mind, entrepreneur, technologist, finance expert in your team?
5. WoW: Do u have a WoW in your innovation? How unique is it?
6. KYJ: Know Your Judges. Different judges have different appetites. Predict what they ask.
Then, Practise & Rehearse more. Join local, mainland & international hackathon accelerator pitching to learn more.