The key for success in the #DigitalEconomy is how we can empower enterprises & #startups to collaborate & get the most out of their cooperation or even coopetition. I have been contributing to this on different capacities in the innovation & technology ecosystem. Advisor, professor, mentor, judge of #hackathon & #competition, investors are some of the examples.
Today, I had another chance to do so through delivering a #CUHK #MiniMBA class on “Emerging Tech & Business Innovation”. More importantly, the participants came from both traditional enterprises and startups. This is a special design for our Mini-MBA in Innovative Leadership. Thanks for #HKSTP to bring a few elite startups from their #LEAP & #Incubation programmes like #beNovelty #Compathnion to join the class today. Also thank to large enterprises like #ICBC #CCB for their active participation today.
I was impressed by the chemistry of bringing these groups together in a class. The #diversity stimulated lots of great interaction. We have gone through concepts & cases on #Innovation, #BusinessModels #Reinvention, competitions from #DigitalDisruption, #Intrapreneurship.
Appreciate Anvil Ng Samuel Choi Nathan Ng #HKSTP for their support to our Mini MBA programme.
300+ participants of HKICTAwards 2020 joined a briefing session organized by OGCIO & HKPC. Competition judges & award winners have shared their experience. Thanks Sunny Lee Kingsley Wong Agnes Mak & Dr. Chris Leung.
Almost 50% participants are their first time joining HKICT Awards. The speakers’ sharings were very useful to them. I am the Chief Judge of the FinTech Award & have experience in hundreds of worldwide competitions. Let me share some thoughts here.
My key messages are:
1. Mindset: The participants are all winners already as this process will facilitate them to learn from the judges, participants, etc.
2. Critical Thinking: Get someone outside your comfort zone to challenge you. If you’re a corp, get startups & investors to critically review yours & vice versa.
3. Hockey Stick: BusinessModel solving a big pain point with scalability & explosiveness as a hockey stick
4. Team Mix: Do u have a good mix of domain, biz mind, entrepreneur, technologist, finance expert in your team?
5. WoW: Do u have a WoW in your innovation? How unique is it?
6. KYJ: Know Your Judges. Different judges have different appetites. Predict what they ask.
Then, Practise & Rehearse more. Join local, mainland & international hackathon accelerator pitching to learn more.