Here you go! Our 3rd #InnoPreneur Forum co-organized by #HKPC & #HKIM is coming live on Jul 30. The last two forums were on #FoodTech & the upcoming one is on #MarTech. The series of forums aims to empower #SMEs to leverage #Technologies & #Innovation to seize the opportunities in the digital economy & boost up their competitiveness, productivity & efficiency.
The MarTech forum will be a #f2f event (more interaction👍🙂). We have invited elite MarTech leaders to be our speakers & panelists. Edwin Wong #Cloudbreaker, Allen Wong #Deloitte, John Lo #iClick, Daryl Choy. Grateful to be the panel moderator to learn from them.
To support our SMEs to learn more about digital transformation, I will give a complimentary copy of my book #數碼力大提升 for the first 200 enrollments of this forum.
Please register the event through HKPC website & find out more on the eligibility of receiving my book.
I launched my book signing in the 2021 Hong Kong #BookFair last week. Find out more about my book here.
Hong Kong Book Fair 2021:
See you on July 30 in HKPC. Perhaps we can have a chat & take a photo, & I can sign on your copy of my book.
Karen F. Marius Chow Ivan Wong
The 2nd episode of our #FoodTech Series was done today in #HKPC. It is a part of our #Innopreneur Forum Series. It aims to bring leaders from Hong Kong to share their experiences to use #Innovation & #Technology to empower their business & solve problems. #SMEs can learn from them to accelerate their #DigitalTransformation.
Today, we had 4 leaders on my panel to share their experiences. Really appreciate their contribution.
Ryan Lai #Foodpanda
Jason C. #和田便當 Wada Bento
Calvin Tse #金記控股
Polly L. #Xero
Here are my key takeaways:
1. Pick the right staff with a passion for transformation to lead innovation projects.
2. Benchmark units with innovation & those who are behind, reward those who have tried.
3. Collaboration with #ecosystem is in fact a key competitive advantage especially sharing & integrating data to co-create values for customers.
4. Make use of algorithms and big data to drive customer experience and engagement
5. Patience is vital as digital transformation takes longer than we planned but we have to start now or it is too late.
Please refer to https://lnkd.in/gHMn3HV on the 1st episode of our Food Tech forum. Our 3rd forum will be on #MarketingTech in July. Stay tuned. Thanks HKPC Karen F. Marius Chow Kylie Lau & others to make this happen.
4 local brands’ owners in the food industry got together to discuss how they built their #brand & made use of #technology #FoodTech. It is a part of the #HKPC #Innopreneur program https://lnkd.in/g3TPZtg
My key takeaways:
1. The older generation may say, if you have 10M HKD, you should retire. Jeff #Topsoya #壹品豆品 thought differently. He spent that amount on tech & his biz got up 20 times since then.
2. Changes come from the market pain point. From B2B to B2C, Arist #CentralKitchenOne #厨房壹號 helped young families to get packed food & cook nice home-feel meal under the pandemic. He needs to ramp up processes & automation helps.
3. Building a brand is not just marketing. It is #quality, persistence, focus & #partnership. Raymond Mak #Farmacy started with 5 great ideas & finally focused on one. It was a tough but wise decision.
4. “Start small” is key for #SME #Digitalization. Pius Chan #TaiPoChunHing #大埔振興 started buying a simple software & let colleagues to try & give feedback. It helps get engagement & buy-in for more adoption.
5. All guests agreed #food is a tough industry. You & your family have to love the food to make it.
As the panel moderator, I heartfelt thank to all panelists & Mohamed Butt Karen F. Elly Yip Marius Chow HKPC.
#SME #Digitalisation is not a yes or no question anymore. It is a question of how. Several months ago, I had a discussion with Karen F. & Marius Chow from 香港生產力促進局 #HKPCAcademy on this after I have published my book #數碼力大提升.
How can we bring the wisdom of SME leaders, innovative #entrepreneurs from #startups & #professionals together, and generate sustainable synergy among these experts? How other SMEs, which have just started or not yet begun their digitalisation journey, could learn from this #community of experts? That was the start of this #InnoPreneur #platform.
#HKPC has done a great job to put these all together. You will see experience sharing forums on major industries, #startups solutions showcase for these industries, subject matter experts to interact with audiences in live #KOL style, #eClincs where SMEs can meet experts for #consultation, startup showcase & certainly #training, #workshops & site visits.
Please join our 1st #InnoPreneur Forum on #FoodTech #FoodIndustry on Mar 26. HKPC will further share our year-long InnoPreneur Series. All SMEs, startups & #ecosystem stakeholders are welcome to join. Thanks so much for #HKPC teams to make this happen. See you.
Register & find out more from Marius’ post here.
Industrialists co-creating with startups is one of the best ways to achieve Product-Market Fit and Scale-Up. Chairman of the Federation of Hong Kong Industries FHKI Dr. Daniel Yip, Chairman and Vice-Chairman of FHKI Hong Kong Startup Council, Jason Chiu and Bryant Chan, and I, shared our experience on this key collaboration in the Digital Economy on Orient Daily 東方日報。https://lnkd.in/gp7B-RS
Also, learn more about this from our 3rd STARS Programme DemoFest https://lnkd.in/gBmvkRp
The 4th STARS Programme on FoodTech is open for application.
“STARTUP X Food Tech Industry” Application Deadline: 19 June 2020
Don’t miss the opportunity.